Friday, July 9, 2010

A quick little blog break

So, as usual, I've been cooking all day preparing for Shabbat. And, as usual, it's a macrobiotic Shabbat. I'm using recipes from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and from Modern Day Macrobiotics by Simon Brown. I love those books. Here's my Shabbat menu: (I wish others would've shared this with me, so I hope you appreciate it!)

Friday night:
Vegan whole wheat Challah...been making this for a while now, we love it.
Fried Tofu
Vegetable Miso soup
Brown rice pudding

Saturday lunch:
More Challah
Udon noodles with corn, bok choy, carrots and broccoli with a tahini/ume vinegar sauce
Watermelon and cucumber salad

Saturday evening:
Even more Challah
Plum soup
any leftovers, and I always make my kids banana splits with coconut milk ice cream, a banana, and agave.

Back to the braiding the challah and getting the miso soup going.

With love,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment